Checking in from Dragon*Con
Dragon*Con 2013 people, yeah-uh. I am here, chilling and waiting on the Nerd Herds to thin out from morning registration before venturing down. A couple of notes.
– Yesterday was spent in the registration herp derp that is part of the deal you make when you pre-register. I have to say, though, it’s a little disappointing when the people who pay cash get through the line faster than you. They are paying more but I would pay more if I didn’t have to deal with that hot mess. Ideas for next year.
– Lanyards should be free. I waited in a second needless line to buy two lanyards. They cost $5. Absurd.
– It’s going to rain and whatnot. I have no shits to give. I will be all over it, rain or shine.
– Did you see the Vandy – Ole Miss game last night?
– Costumes this year: Dude from Rockapella, Axe Cop and Batman. Batman!!!!!
– Objectives this year:
1) Achieve balance between love for football, love for Star Trek.
2) Watch Bama game.
4) Walk up 35 flights of stairs to avoid standing ass-to elbow in an elevator with people who have not achieved objective No. 3.
5) Avoid panels that require 8 hour waits.
6) Not lose my badge.
– Do not touch the camera lens!!!!!! (This is a portion of an argument, ignore it).
– Do not eat Cheesy Poofs in the bed or you will be a Tennessee fan.
– Bring your asthma inhaler with you everywhere.
– The Falcons are on TV? Why are the Falcons on TV?
– Dragon*Con! W000t!