Make your list: Christmas events abound this weekend
There’s a lot of Christmas and holiday stuff going on this weekend. I’ve already mentioned three events, but there are two new additions to the list.
– DeKalb Commissioner Stan Watson is holding a community breakfast on Saturday, December 7 at 9 a.m. It will be held at Chapel Hill Middle School, located at 3535 Dogwood Farms Road, Decatur, GA 30034. The commissioner is encouraging everyone to bring a canned food item “to help those in need.”
– Worthmore Jewelers in Decatur will hold its annual “Antique Jewelry Roadshow Holiday Party” at its Decatur location on Sunday, Dec. 8. The Decatur store is located at 117 East Court Square, and the event there begins at noon and lasts until 5:30 p.m. More from Worthmore:
“Community members are invited to stop by the stores from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday or Sunday, and bring in family heirlooms, antique jewelry pieces, or any other jewelry items to be evaluated for free by Worthmore Jeweler’s own estate buyer. Evaluations typically reveal item age, origin, and value estimate.Due to overwhelming popularity at the 2012 and 2011 Antique Jewelry Roadshow events, and the general length of each evaluation, Worthmore asks that attendees limit their items to two per person, per session. Attendees are welcome to bring more than two items, but will be asked to get back in line after each two items have been valued.”
– Reminder: There’s also a tree lighting in Oakhurst on Saturday, Dec. 7. It begins at 5 p.m. in Harmony Park and will feature singing from the new Oakhurst Choir, according to the Oakhurst Neighborhood Association.
– Reminder: The Decatur Holiday Candlelight Tour of Homes is on Friday, Dec. 6 and Saturday, Dec. 7, from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Proceeds from the tour will benefit the Mary Miller Decatur Youth Fund, the Decatur Education Foundation, and the Wylde Center. To purchase tickets for the event, click here.
– Reminder: The 22nd Annual Decatur Holiday Marketplace returns this Friday. The event is the the major fundraiser for Clairemont Elementary, according to publicity chairwoman Kerry Ludlam. The Holiday Marketplace will be open on Friday, Dec. 6, from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 7, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Clairemont Elementary School. The school is located at located at 155 Erie Avenue.