Decatur, DeKalb County and Atlanta Public School students return to class Wednesday
City Schools of Decatur, DeKalb County Schools and Atlanta Public Schools announced late Tuesday evening that they will resume classes after closing on Tuesday due to extreme cold weather. Decatur Schools also closed on Monday, which was a teacher workday for other systems in the metro area.
Temperatures are expected to rise slightly tomorrow with a high of 43 degrees and a low of 27 degrees.
School systems told parents that their children should dress warmly. City Schools of Decatur made a few clothing recommendations on its Facebook page.
The CDC suggests that children and adults wear the following in extreme cold:
– a hat
– a scarf or knit mask to cover face and mouth
– sleeves that are snug at the wrist
– mittens (they are warmer than gloves)
– water-resistant coat and shoes
– several layers of loose-fitting clothing