Nominations – Local eateries up for award
The James Beard Foundation has announced nominations for its annual restaurant and chef awards, a list that includes several Metro Atlanta restaurants.
The James Beard Foundation exists to “to celebrate, nurture, and honor America’s diverse culinary heritage through programs that educate and inspire.”
Here are the nominations in each category:
Outstanding Bar Program
- The Porter Beer Bar, Atlanta
- Kimball House, Decatur, GA
- Anne Quatrano, Bacchanalia, Atlanta
- Ford Fry, Ford Fry Restaurant Company, Atlanta (The Optimist, JCT Kitchen, No. 246, and others)
- Mike Klank and Eddie Hernandez, Taqueria del Sol, Atlanta (and several other locations, including Decatur.)
- Bacchanalia, Atlanta
- One Flew South, Atlanta
Best Chef: Southeast
- Steven Satterfield, Miller Union, Atlanta
- Todd Ginsberg, The General Muir, Atlanta
- Billy Allin, Cakes & Ale, Decatur, GA
To see the full list of nominees, click here.
Winners will be announced on May 2 and 5.