I-285 work could create lengthy delaysI-285 Source: Google Maps
The weekend will bring more road work that could create some big delays for people driving on Atlanta roads.
– The Georgia Department of Transportation says that crews will be replacing concrete slabs on the west side of I-285. That will require closing two northbound inner loop lanes and two southbound outer loop lanes between South Cobb and Paces Ferry Road. The closure begins at 9 pm this evening ends at 5 am Monday.
– Same road, different project: GDOT will close one outside lane and the outside shoulder in both directions on I-285 between GA 400 and Roswell Road for sign footing construction. The Transportation Department will also close two inner loop lanes and one outer loop lane between Roswell Road and Northside Drive. The closures will last through the weekend. GDOT says traffic pacing on I-285 at the Kennedy Interchange with I-75 is also likely.
– On the east side of I-285, sign work between Northlake Parkway and Lawrenceville Highway will require one continuous lane closure in both directions. That will last all weekend.
There are also a couple of projects on I-75 this weekend, GDOT says:
– Perimeter bottom end resurfacing means one lane on the outer loop exit ramp to southbound I-75 will close from 7 am to 5:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday. GDOT says the ramp will remain open and bridge repairs will mean closing one outside lane and one I-85 northbound lane at this interchange.
– Crews will close one lane on each direction of I-75 near the Brookwood Split from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Saturday for sign installation. GDOT says one northbound lane between Howell Mill Road and Moores Mill Road will be closed from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday.
Don’t forget: This weekend, two northbound lanes on GA 400 near the former toll plaza will be closed from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Saturday in order to shift traffic to its new lane configuration. There will be similar lane closures on Saturday night through Sunday morning.