Work on I-285 continues this weekendI-285 Source: Google Maps
There’s good weather in the forecast this weekend and the Georgia Department of Transportation plans to make the most of it, which means lengthy delays on local roads.
Here’s the project list:
– Crews will close two southbound, outer loop lanes on the west side of I-285 between Atlanta Road and South Cobb Drive, starting at 9 pm Friday and continuing through 5 am Monday.
– Top-end I-285 work will mean closing two inner loop lanes and one outer loop lane between Paces Ferry Road and U.S. Highway 41/Cobb Parkway. The closures will last throughout the weekend due to sign structure installation, GDOT says.
– There will be two continuous northbound lane closure on the east side of I-285 between Memorial Drive and Stone Mountain Freeway for sign work. The closures start at 9 pm Friday and end 7 am Saturday.
– On I-75 northbound, there will be one lane closed between Howell Mill and Moores Mill roads for drainage work.
– On GA 400, there will be one lane closed between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and Lenox Road from 7 am to 7 pm Saturday and Sunday.
– There will be ongoing paving work starting on State Route 10 (Mountain Drive) and moving west along North Avondale Road over to Ponce that will require closing one right lane from 9 pm to 5 am over the weekend.
It’s not clear from the information GDOT provided whether Clairmont Road paving work up to I-85 will continue this weekend. This story will be updated when GDOT provides additional information about this project.