Beware I-285, I-20 this weekendAtlanta Downtown Connector. Source: Wikimedia commons. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atlanta_75.85.jpg
There will be more construction this weekend, concentrated on I-20 and I-285.
“Weather permitting, (Georgia Department of Transportation) contractors will continue resurfacing, bridge repairs and sign installation projects requiring lane closures,” the advisory from GDOT says. “These closures are likely to result in traffic delays, perhaps lengthy delays.”
Noteworthy projects include:
– GDOT will close two westbound I-20 lanes in downtown Atlanta for bridge joint header replacement. The closures will be at the Lawton Street, Langhorn Street and Hamilton E. Holmes Drive overpasses. The closures will be in place from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday.
– Starting at 9 pm Friday, crews will close two I-285 outer loop lanes. The closures will occur between South Cobb Parkway and Bolton Road. Crews need to repair and replace a concrete slab. The closures end at 5 am on Monday.
– Crews will be performing some sign structure work on the inner loop of I-285 this weekend. That will necessitate a double lane closure between Georgia 400 and Ashford Dunwoody Road, as well as an outer loop single lane closure between Peachtree Dunwoody and Georgia 400. The closures will be in place from 9 pm Friday to 7 am Saturday.
– There will be a closure of two outer loop lanes on the southside interchange of I-285 and I-85. The closures will be near Washington Road from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday.
– There will be work on the Northwest Corridor Express Lanes, and that will mean a single lane closure of the I-75 southbound exit ramp onto I-285 westbound. It will be closed from 9 pm Saturday until 7 am Sunday. The ramp will be open during this project, GDOT says.
– GDOT will close one northbound lane on Georgia 400 near the former toll plaza from 7 am to 7 pm Saturday and Sunday.