GDOT has busy weekend scheduleAtlanta Downtown Connector. Source: Wikimedia commons. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atlanta_75.85.jpg
Crews will be working on I-20, I-75, I-285 and GA 400 this weekend, the Georgia Department of Transportation says.
“Perhaps the most impactful work planned will be at the Kennedy Interchange of Interstates 75 and 285 in Cobb County. Signage installation will require a multiple lane closure on the Outer Loop of I-285 just before its exit ramp to I-75 North and Cobb Parkway,” the notice from GDOT says. “Two outside (right) lanes will be closed beginning at 9 am., Saturday; that closure will be expanded to three lanes at 11 pm, and continue until perhaps 8 am, Sunday. In addition, Outer Loop traffic will be paced through the area beginning at approximately 2 am, Sunday.”
There will also be construction of a barrier wall on I-75. Crews will need to close one northbound and two southbound lanes between Cumberland Boulevard and Windy Hill Road from 7 am to 7 pm on Saturday.
– GDOT is in the beginning phase of constructing the Northwest Corridor Express Lane. There will be an I-75 northbound lane closure from 9 pm Sunday to 5 am Monday from Wade Green Road to Hickory Grove Road.
– I-75 will see two southbound and one northbound lane between Moores Mill and Howell Mill roads closed from 2 am to 10 pm Saturday for some drainage work.
– There will be additional signage work on I-75 that will require closing two northbound lanes and one southbound lanes from 9 pm Friday to 7 am Saturday around the Brookwood Split.
– GDOT plans a continuous closure of two I-285 outer loop lanes between South Cobb Parkway and Bolton Road from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday. The closures will allow for concrete slab repair and replacement.
– There will be a similar project that will require closing two outer loop I-285 lanes to I-85 northbound. The closures will occur at the south side of this interchange. The work also means a lane closure on the ramp tonight from 10 pm to 5 am Saturday for clearing and grubbing.
– Still other sign work is going to mean closing a single lane of the inner loop I-285 between Glenridge Road and Georgia 400 and closing single outer loop lane between Peachtree Dunwoody Road and Georgia 400. The lanes will be closed from 9 pm tonight until 7 am Saturday.
– Also, on the west side of I-20, there will be bridge joint and header replacement at Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard. There will be two westbound lanes closed around that project from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday.
– GDOT is going to open the new I-20 exit ramps on Lee Road.
– The east side of I-20 in Rockdale and Newton counties will see two eastbound lanes near Salem Road and two westbound lanes at U.S. Highway 278 and the westbound exit ramp to U.S. Highway 278 closed from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday. The closures are due to a resurfacing project.
– On Georgia 400 there will be one lane closed between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and the Glenridge Connector between 7 am and 7 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
– There will be two northbound Georgia 400 lanes at the Northridge Road interchange closed from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday.