GDOT work continues on I-285, I-20, I-75
The Georgia Department of Transportation has another busy weekend planned.
Projects on I-285, I-20 and I-75 will result in lane closures. GDOT is urging drivers to avoid non-essential travel on these roads.
According to GDOT, This weekend’s projects include:
· Continuous 9 pm, Friday, to 5 am, Monday, closure of two I-285 Outer Loop lanes between Bolton Road and Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway, for concrete slab repair and replacement;
· Sign structure work will require an Outer Loop I-285 double lane closure and an Inner Loop single lane closure between Chamblee Dunwoody Road and Buford Highway, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
· As part of the reconstruction of the interchange of I-285 and Atlanta Road, contractors will close two Outer Loop lanes there from 9 pm, Sunday, until 5 am, Monday; and
· Traffic will paced, initially on the Outer Loop and then the Inner Loop, at the Martin Luther King, Jr., Drive interchange from 7:30 am, until 9 pm, Sunday.
· Bridge joint and header replacement will require two westbound I-20 lanes be closed continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday, at the overpass above Lucile Avenue;
· Similar work will necessitate closing two eastbound lanes between Six Flags Parkway and Fulton Industrial Boulevard; also continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday; and
· Utility work will require pacing on I-20 westbound at Hill Street from 7:30-9 am, Saturday.
I-75 and Georgia 400
· On Interstate 75 south of the city, two northbound lanes between Hudson Bridge Road/Eagles Landing Parkway and Mount Zion Boulevard will be closed continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 9 pm, Sunday, for concrete slab replacement;
· On Georgia (State Route) 400, one northbound lane between Lenox Road and the Glenridge Connector will be closed continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday, for sound wall replacement and the northbound shoulder and perhaps one lane on the bridge above Sidney Marcus Boulevard will be closed from 9 pm, Friday, until 9 pm, Saturday, for fiber optic cable installation
· Finally, private contractors will be closing two lanes of North Avenue between Marietta and Luckie streets from 8 am, to 9 pm, Saturday, to place cranes in position for work on buildings in the area.
[adsanity id=16727 align=aligncenter /]