Roadwork will cease during holiday weekends
The Georgia Department of Transportation says this will be the last weekend of roadwork for 2014.
“Following this weekend’s work, Georgia DOT will suspend construction-related lane closures for the Christmas and New Year’s holiday weekends,” GDOT announced.
Here is GDOT’s project list for the upcoming weekend.
– Bridge joint and header replacement will require closing two eastbound I-20 lanes from Six Flags Parkway for approximately one mile continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 9 pm, Saturday;
– Also, bridge joint repairs will require two westbound I-20 lanes between McDaniels and Langhorn streets be closed continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Sign structure work on the southwest side of I-285 will require lane closures in both directions between the I-85 interchange and Washington Road, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– On Georgia (State Route) 400, one northbound lane and shoulder will be closed between Peachtree Road and Old Ivey Road continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday; also
– One lane southbound on Georgia (State Route) 400 between I-285 and the Glenridge Connector will be closed from 7 am, until 8 pm, Saturday and Sunday for fiber optic cable installation; and finally
– Sidewalk repairs on East Lake Drive between Ponce de Leon Avenue and Paden Circle will close one lane on Saturday from 8 am until early afternoon.