GDOT – Avoid non-essential travel on west I-20 this weekendAtlanta Downtown Connector. Source: Wikimedia commons. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atlanta_75.85.jpg
The Georgia Department of Transportation has released its schedule for roadwork for the upcoming weekend.
GDOT says, “Motorists again are asked to avoid non-essential travel on the west side on I-20. Projects there will require lane closures, which, in turn, are likely to result in delays.”
This is the list of projects slated for this weekend …
– Bridge joint repairs will require two westbound I-20 lanes between McDaniel and Langhorn streets be closed continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Also bridge joint repairs will require one eastbound lane closure on I-20 between Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange, continuously from 9 pm Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– On Georgia (State Route) 400 one northbound lane and one southbound lane will be closed between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and Wieuca Road from 9 pm, Friday, until 7 pm, Sunday, for fiber optic cable installation;
– Sign structure work on the southwest side of I-285 will require two northbound lane closures between the I-85 interchange and Washington Road, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– One right lane and one left lane will be closed on Lucile Avenue continuously from 9 pm, Saturday until 5 am, Thursday; and finally
– Sidewalk repairs on East Lake Drive between Ponce de Leon Avenue and Paden Circle will close one lane on Saturday from 8 am until early afternoon.