Sweet N’ Sinful going on hiatus after 10 years
Sweet N’ Sinful Bakery in Avondale Estates this week announced it is temporarily closing its doors.
The message posted on the company’s website says, “Sweet ‘N Sinful has enjoyed 10 great years being Avondale Estates’ bakery, helping our friends and community celebrate weddings, birth announcements, birthdays, and beyond. Unfortunately, rising costs and circumstances beyond our control are forcing us to close our doors temporarily, beginning Jan. 31, 2015. After regrouping, we look forward to relaunching our brand and bakery. Thank you so much for all of your love and support.”
The message is posted by Rusty Bowers, who is also the owner of Pine Street Market, where it’s business as usual.
According to the company’s website, the bakery’s accolades include:
– Winner of the Grant Park Cake Competition
– Country Club of the South Wedding Cake Competition
– 2008 and 2009 “Best Brownie” in Atlanta
– 2011 Best Custom Bake Shop in Atlanta
– 2011 and 2012 Best Bites Award winner at the Decatur Food and Wine Festival.