Avoid travel on I-20, top end of I-285 this weekendAtlanta Downtown Connector. Source: Wikimedia commons
The Georgia Department of Transportation says that bridge joint repairs and sign structure work will cause delays on the top end of I-285 and I-20 this weekend.
GDOT is asking drivers to avoid “non-essential travel” on these roads.
Here is the project list from GDOT:
– Sign structure work near the top end of I-285 will require two westbound lane closures between Northlake Parkway and Chamblee-Tucker Road and one eastbound lane closure between New Northside Drive to Lavista Road, continuously from 7:30 pm, Friday until 5 am, Monday;
– Additional sign structure work will require one northbound and southbound lane to close on I-75 from SR 280/ Delk Road to SR 120 Loop/ South Marietta Parkway continuously from 7:30 am, Saturday until 5:30 pm, Sunday;
– Bridge joint repairs on I-20 will require three westbound lanes closures between the I-75/85 interchange to Lee Street and two eastbound lanes from SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to Joseph Lowery Boulevard continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Bridge joint repairs will also require two eastbound lane closures on I-20 between Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– On Georgia (State Route) 400, one northbound lane will close between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and the I-285 interchange from 7 am, Saturday until 7 pm, Sunday for fiber optic cable installation;
– One lane on SR 140/Holcomb Bridge Road at Old Alabama Road will close daily from 9 pm, Friday to 5 am, Monday;
– Pipeline construction will require one lane closure at SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 am, until 5 pm, Saturday; and finally
– On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close between the Moreland Avenue and Wilkinson Drive and one lane will close on SR 154/ Memorial Drive between East Lake Drive and Candler Road both closures are from 9 am, until 3 pm, Saturday.