GDOT says expect more sign structure work on I-285I-285 Source: Google Maps
This story has been updated.
Avoid non-essential travel on I-285 this weekend.
The Georgia Department of Transportation says, “Sign structure work will take place around the perimeter and will require lane closures, which, in turn, are likely to result in delays.”
This weekend’s project list includes …
– Sign structure work near the top end of I-285 will require two westbound lane closures between Northlake Parkway and Chamblee-Tucker Road and one eastbound lane closure between New Northside Drive to Lavista Road, continuously from 7:30 pm, Friday until 5 am, Monday;
– More sign structure work will require three lane closures from New Northside Drive to the I-75 interchange continuously from 9 pm, Friday until 5 am, Saturday;
– Sign structure work will also require two lane closures on I-285 northbound between Paces Ferry Road and US 41 / SR 3/Cobb Parkway, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Saturday
– The last of this weekend’s sign structure work will take place on the southwest side of I-285. Work will require two northbound lane closures between SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to Hollowell Parkway and one southbound lane closure from Cascade Road to the I-20 interchange, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Two northbound lanes on I-285 will close between Bolton Road and South Cobb Drive continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday, for concrete rehabilitation;
– Bridge joint repairs on I-20 will require three westbound lanes closures between the I-75/85 interchange to Langhorn Street continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Bridge joint repairs will also require two eastbound lane closures on I-20 between Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– On Georgia (State Route) 400, one northbound and one southbound lane will close between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and Lenox Road from 9 pm, Friday, until 7 pm, Sunday, for fiber optic cable installation;
– Additionally, on Georgia (State Route) 400 one southbound lane between the Windsor Parkway overpass and the Loridans Drive overpass will close from 7 am, Saturday until 7 pm, Sunday;
– Pipeline construction will require one lane closure at SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 am, until 5 pm, Saturday and again from 9 am, until 4 pm, on Monday; and finally
– On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close between the Moreland and Lamon Avenue and one lane will close on SR 154/ Memorial Drive between East Lake Drive and Candler Road both closures are from 9 am, until 3 pm, Saturday.
Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly identified one of the streets on the project list. GDOT sent over a revised advisory with the corrected information, and this story has been updated.