Work on I-285 continues this weekend, weather permittingI-285 Source: Google Maps
The Georgia Department of Transportation is asking all drivers to avoid non-essential travel on I-285 this weekend due to sign structure work around the Perimeter. All work is weather permitting, and the forecast indicates there might be snow fall on Friday evening, so these plans are subject to change. For the most up to date information, call GDOT at 511 or visit 511ga.org.
Here is the project list for this weekend:
– Sign structure work near the top end of I-285 will require two westbound lane closures between Northlake Parkway and Chamblee-Tucker Road and one eastbound lane closure between New Northside Drive to Lavista Road, continuously from 7:30 pm, Friday until 5 am, Monday;
– More sign structure work will take place on the southwest side of I-285. Work will require two northbound lane closures between SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to Hollowell Parkway and one southbound lane closure from Cascade Road to the I-20 interchange, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– The last of sign structure work will require one northbound and southbound lane to close on I-75 from SR 280/ Delk Road to SR 120 Loop/ South Marietta Parkway continuously from 7:30 am, Saturday until 5:30 pm, Sunday;
– Two westbound lanes will close on I-20 between the I-75/85 interchange to Lee Street for bridge joint repairs and a MARTA bridge painting project continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– On Georgia (State Route) 400, one northbound lane will close between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and the I-285 interchange from 7 am, Saturday until 7 pm, Sunday, for fiber optic cable installation;
– One lane on SR 140/Holcomb Bridge Road at Old Alabama Road will close daily from 9 pm, Friday to 5 am, Monday;
– Pipeline construction will require one lane closure at SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 am, until 5 pm, Saturday; and finally
– On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close between the Moreland Avenue and Wilkinson Drive and one lane will close on SR 154/ Memorial Drive between East Lake Drive and Candler Road. Both closures are from 9 am, until 3 pm, Saturday.