Avoid travel on I-20 this weekendAtlanta Downtown Connector. Source: Wikimedia commons. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atlanta_75.85.jpg
The Georgia Department of Transportation says that bridge joint repairs on I-20 will likely create lengthy delays. The Transportation Department is encouraging drivers to avoid all unnecessary travel on I-20 this weekend.
Here is the full project list from GDOT:
– On I-20, two eastbound lanes will close between Joseph Lowery Boulevard and McDaniel Street and three westbound lanes will close between Langhorn Street and McDaniel Street for bridge joint repairs continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Two eastbound lanes on I-20 will close near the I-75/85 interchange for a MARTA bridge painting project, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– On the southwest side of I-285, sign structure work will require two northbound lane closures between SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Hollowell Parkway and one southbound lane closure from Cascade Road to the I-20 interchange, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Two northbound lanes on I-285 will close between Bolton Road and South Atlanta Road continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday, for concrete rehabilitation;
– On Georgia (State Route) 400, one northbound and one southbound lane will close between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and the I-285 interchange from 7 am, Saturday until 7 pm, Sunday for fiber optic cable installation;
– Additionally, a rolling closure on Georgia (State Route) 400 will require northbound and southbound lane closures from Sidney Marcus Boulevard to Lenox Road from 9 am, until 5 pm, Sunday for stripping;
– One lane on US 41/SR 3/Northside Drive will close between the I-75 interchange and Norfleet Road from 9 am, until 4 pm, Saturday for sewer work;
– Lift station improvements will require one lane closure on SR 236/ Hugh Howell Road between Mountain Industrial Boulevard and Tucker Industrial Road continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– On SR 140/Holcomb Bridge Road at Old Alabama Road one lane will close daily from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Pipeline construction will require one lane closure at SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 am, until 5 pm, Saturday; and finally
– On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close between the Moreland Avenue and Wilkinson Drive and one lane will close on SR 154/ Memorial Drive between East Lake Drive and Candler Road both closures are from 9 am, until 3 pm, Saturday.