GDOT: Avoid I-285 this weekendI-285 Source: Google Maps
GDOT is warning drivers to avoid Interstate 285 this weekend because of project work which will cause lane closures. There are also lots of events happening downtown, including the AJC Auto Show at the Georgia World Congress Center and the Atlanta Science Festival’s EXPLORATION EXPO at Centennial Olympic Park.
Here are the work projects GDOT says to be aware of this weekend:
· On the southwest side of I-285, sign structure work will require two northbound lane closures from SR 6/ Camp Creek Parkway to SR 154/SR 166/ Campbellton Road/ Langford Parkway and one southbound lane from Cascade Road to SR 139/Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to the I-20 interchange, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Two northbound lanes on I-285 will close between the I-20 interchange and Bolton Road and two southbound lanes between Bolton Road and South Atlanta Road continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday, for concrete rehabilitation;
· On I-285, two northbound lanes and one southbound lane will close from Lavista Road to SR 13/ Buford Highway, continuously from 7:30 p.m., Friday, until 7:30 a.m., Sunday, for sign structure and variable speed limit work;
· On I-20, three eastbound and two westbound lanes will close between Langhorn Street and McDaniel Street for bridge joint repairs, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Two westbound lanes will close on I-20 between Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· On Georgia (State Route) 400, one northbound and one southbound lane will close between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and the I-285 interchange from 7 a.m., Saturday until 7 p.m., Sunday for fiber optic cable installation;
· The Jimmy Carter Boulevard Bridge at I-85 will close continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday to allow contractors to complete the diverging diamond crossover;
· A rolling lane closure will require various lane closures on SR 280/ South Cobb Drive between I-285 and Austell Road from 9 p.m., Sunday until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Paving and concrete pours will require lane closures on SR 372/ Birmingham Highway at New Providence Road / Providence Road from 7 a.m., until 7 p.m., Saturday;
· On SR 140/Holcomb Bridge Road at Old Alabama Road one lane will close daily from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Pipeline construction will require one lane closure at SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 a.m., until 5 p.m., Saturday; and finally
· On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close between the Moreland Avenue and Wilkinson Drive and one lane will close on SR 154/ Memorial Drive between East Lake Drive and Candler Road both closures are from 9 a.m., until 3 p.m., Saturday.
· Sidewalk repairs between Ponce de Leon Avenue and Paden Circle will close one lane on Saturday from 8 a.m. until early afternoon.