GDOT schedule: Avoid I-20Atlanta Downtown Connector. Source: Wikimedia commons. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atlanta_75.85.jpg
GDOT is asking drivers to avoid I-20 this weekend. Bridge joint repairs will mean lane closures and delays, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation. It also advises drivers to be aware of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in midtown Saturday from 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
Here’s the list of planned work this weekend:
· On I-20, two eastbound lanes will close between Langhorn Street and McDaniel Street for bridge joint repairs, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· The same work will require one westbound lane to close on I-20 between Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· On the southwest side of I-285, sign structure work will require two northbound lane closures between SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Hollowell Parkway and one southbound lane closure from Cascade Road to the I-20 interchange, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Two northbound lanes on I-285 will close between Bolton Road and South Atlanta Road continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday, for concrete rehabilitation;
· Additionally on I-285, two northbound lanes will close between South Atlanta Road and Cobb Parkway from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday, to install mile markers and reinstall a camera pole;
· On Georgia (State Route) 400, one northbound and one southbound lane will close between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and the I-285 interchange from 7 a.m., Saturday until 7 p.m., Sunday for fiber optic cable installation;
· Paving and concrete pours will require lane closures on SR 372/ Birmingham Highway at New Providence Road / Providence Road from 7 a.m., until 7 p.m., Saturday;
· On SR 140/Holcomb Bridge Road at Old Alabama Road one lane will close daily from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Pipeline construction will require one lane closure at SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 a.m., until 5 p.m., Saturday; and finally
· On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close between the Moreland Avenue and Wilkinson Drive and one lane will close on SR 154/ Memorial Drive between East Lake Drive and Candler Road both closures are from 9 a.m., until 3 p.m., Saturday.