GDOT schedule: More work on I-20 and I-285
GDOT says it’s continuing bridge joint repairs and structure work this weekend. Drivers are being asked to avoid traveling on Interstates 20 and 285 if possible.
There will be lane closures, and as a result, delays. There are also lots of events happening downtown over the weekend, so if you’re going anywhere downtown, you may want to take MARTA. Also happening downtown and coming through Decatur on Sunday is the Publix Georgia Marathon. It will also cause delays and road closures.
Here’s GDOT’s full list of projects to avoid:
· On I-20, three eastbound lanes will close between Langhorn Street and McDaniel Street for bridge joint repairs, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· The same work will require two westbound lane closures on I-20 from the I-75/I-85 interchange to Langhorn Street, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Additionally, two westbound lanes will close on I-20 between Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· In Newton County, on I-20 westbound, bridge joint repairs will also require the on and off ramps at exit 90 (SR 12/US 278) to close continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Lastly, two lanes will close on I-20 eastbound between Almon Road and the SR 12/US 278 exit, to allow contractors to paint the Old Oxford Road Bridge, from 7 a.m., until 2 p.m., Saturday;
· Bridge work on Spaghetti Junction will require one lane to close on the ramp from I-85 northbound to I-285 westbound and two lanes to close on the ramp from I-285 eastbound to I-85 , continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· On the southwest side of I-285, sign structure work will require two northbound lane closures from SR 6/ Camp Creek Parkway to SR 154/SR 166/ Campbellton Road/ Langford Parkway, continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· On I-285, sign structure work will also require two lanes to close on the inner and outer loops from the I-85 interchange to Northlake Parkway, continuously from 7:30 p.m., Friday, until 7:30 a.m., Sunday;
· Two northbound lanes on I-285 will close between the I-20 interchange and Bolton Road and two southbound lanes between the I-20 interchange and SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday, for concrete rehabilitation;
· On Georgia (State Route) 400, one southbound lane will close from the Toll Plaza to the I-85 interchange continuously from 6 a.m., Saturday until 5 a.m., Monday for a pacing operation and sign structure work;
· Additionally, on Georgia (State Route) 400 one northbound lane will close between Lenox Road and the I-285 interchange continuously from 7 a.m., Saturday until 7 p.m., Sunday;
· Paving and concrete pours will require lane closures on SR 372/ Birmingham Highway at New Providence Road / Providence Road from 7 a.m., until 7 p.m., Saturday;
· On SR 140/Holcomb Bridge Road at Old Alabama Road one lane will close daily from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Pipeline construction will require one lane closure at SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 a.m., until 5 p.m., Saturday; and finally
· On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close between the Moreland Avenue and Wilkinson Drive and one lane will close on SR 154/ Memorial Drive between East Lake Drive and Candler Road both closures are from 9 a.m., until 3 p.m., Saturday.
· Sidewalk repairs between Ponce de Leon Avenue and Paden Circle will close one lane on Saturday from 8 a.m. until early afternoon.