GDOT planning more I-20 work this weekend
Avoid unnecessary travel on I-20 this weekend, the Georgia Department of Transportation says.
“Projects there will require lane closures, which, in turn, are likely to result in delays,” the GDOT advisory says.
The projects slated for this weekend …
– On I-20, three eastbound lanes will close between Langhorn Street and Joseph E. Lowery Blvd for bridge joint repairs, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 10 am, Sunday;
– Two westbound lanes will close on I-20 between Six Flags parkway and Fulton Industrial Boulevard, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Paving on I-20 will require closures on the eastbound exit ramp and westbound exit and entrance ramps at SR 6/Thornton Road and one lane will close on SR 6/ Thornton Road between I-20 and Veterans Memorial Highway continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
[adsanity id=24262 align=aligncenter /]- Two eastbound and two westbound lanes will close on I-20 from Almon Rd to the Newton County line continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday, for paving;
– On the southwest side of I-285, sign structure work will require two northbound lane closures from SR 6/ Camp Creek Parkway to SR 154/SR 166/ Campbellton Road/ Langford Parkway and one southbound lane from Cascade Road to SR 154/SR 166/ Campbellton Road/ Langford Parkway, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Two northbound lanes on I-285 will close between SR 8/US 278/ Hollowell Parkway and SR 280/ South Cobb Drive and two southbound lanes between SR 280/ South Cobb Drive and South Atlanta Road continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday, for concrete rehabilitation;
– On I-285, two northbound lanes will close from Northlake Parkway to Chamblee Tucker Road, from 7:30 pm, Friday, until 3 pm, Saturday, for sign structure work;
– Sign structure work will also require one southbound lane to close between New Northside Drive and SR 8/US 278/ Hollowell Parkway continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– A pacing operation will slow traffic traveling on the northbound and southbound lanes on I-285 from South Atlanta Road to SR 280/ South Cobb Drive from 7 am until 10 am, Sunday;
– Another pacing operation will require all northbound and southbound lanes to close on I-75 near Chastain Road from 9 pm until 12 am, Friday for bridge beam placement;
– On Georgia (State Route) 400, one southbound lane will close between the Toll Plaza and south of Lenox Road daily from 7 am, Saturday until 7 pm, Sunday for fiber optic cable installation;
– One lane will close on SR 280/South Cobb Drive between SR 5/Austell Rod and I-285 and one lane on SR 5/ Austell Road starting from SR 280/South Cobb Drive to the Fulton County Line continuously from 9 pm, Saturday until 5 am, Monday for resurfacing;
– On SR 14, one lane will close between Norman Berry Drive in Hapeville to Spring Street in Atlanta, continuously from 9 pm, Friday until 5 am, Monday
– Pipeline construction will require one lane closure at SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 am, until 5 pm, Saturday; and finally
– On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close between the Moreland Avenue and Wilkinson Drive and one lane will close on SR 154/ Memorial Drive between East Lake Drive and Candler Road both closures are from 9 am, until 3 pm, Saturday.