MARTA looking to fill 53 bus operator jobsFILE PHOTO: A MARTA bus at the Decatur, GA MARTA station. File Photo by: Dan Whisenhunt
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, or MARTA, is looking to fill 53 full-time bus operator jobs by August.
It’s holding a job fair Saturday, July 11th in order to find candidates. The job fair runs from 8:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. at MARTA Headquarters, 2424 Piedmont Road, NE, Atlanta.
MARTA said in a press release, the hiring influx is to prepare for additional bus routes planned for August and December. There are some requirements to apply.
Here’s what the press release detailed:
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Pass all pre-employment background screenings including customer service tests and physical exam (including drug and alcohol testing)
- Possess excellent customer service skills
License Requirements: Valid Georgia Class “A” or “B” commercial driver’s license or GA commercial driver’s license with Passenger Endorsement.
To be considered for the Bus Operator position, candidates must bring the following:
1. An original seven-year Motor Vehicle Report with no more than one (1) moving violation
within 24 months
2. Copy of high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
3. Résumé with a valid telephone number and email address
MARTA said more information on applying can be found at www.itsmarta.com.