(UPDATE) More work on I-75 express lanes, I-285 expectedAtlanta Downtown Connector. Source: Wikimedia commons. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atlanta_75.85.jpg
Crews working for the Georgia Department of Transportation will be working on roadways this weekend and projects on I-75 and I-285 will create delays.
There will be work on the I-75 express lanes and on I-285 that will result in lane closures.
Here is the full project list, provided by GDOT:
– The Express Lanes project will require two lane closures on I-75 southbound at Barrett Parkway and a traffic detour at Barrett Parkway. I-75 Southbound traffic will be directed to exit the interstate at Barrett Parkway (Exit 269) then resume travel on the interstate via the I-75 Southbound entrance ramp from Barrett Parkway from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– On I-575, one northbound and one southbound lane will close between Barrett Parkway and Chastain Road from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Sunday for work on the Express Lanes project;
– One northbound and one southbound lane will close on I-575 between SR 92/Alabama Road and SR 140/ Hickory Flat Road nightly from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– The Express Lanes Project will also require one northbound and one southbound lane closure on I-75 between Wade Green Road and Chastain Road and two lanes will close on Frey Road from 9 p.m.,Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– On I-75 southbound the Express Lanes project will require one lane closure from SR 120/South Marietta Parkway to Delk Road from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– One lane will close on I-285 westbound between Cobb Parkway and the I-75 interchange from 10 p.m., Sunday until 5 a.m., Tuesday;
– Lastly, work on the Express Lanes Project will require one lane closure on the I-285 westbound collector-distributer lane between Cumberland Parkway and Cobb Parkway from 9:30 a.m., Friday until 4 p.m., Sunday;
– Work on the South Metro Express Lanes will require various lane closures on I-75 northbound and southbound between Jonesboro Road and Hudson Bridge Road/Eagles Landing Parkway from 9 p.m.,Friday until 7 a.m., Monday
– On I-85, crews will stripe the northbound and southbound on and off ramps between Cleveland Avenue and the I-285 interchange nightly from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday. No ramps will close at any time;
On I-20, two eastbound lanes and two westbound lanes will close between SR 280/ H.E. Holmes and SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;Cancelled
– Lastly on I-20, two eastbound lanes will close between Almon Road and SR 142/John R. Williams Highway continuously from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– On I-285, a rolling closure will require two southbound lanes to close between SR 14 Spur/SR 279/Old National Highway and SR 280/South Cobb Drive from 9 p.m., Fridayuntil 5 a.m., Monday;
– Two northbound lanes and one southbound lane will close on SR 9/Peachtree Road between Pharr Road and Buckhead Avenue from 4:30 a.m., until 12 p.m., Saturday;
– One lane will close at the intersection of SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 a.m., until 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday;
– On SR 166/Campbellton Road/Langford Parkway, one eastbound lane and one westbound lane will close between Barge Road to Sylvan Road nightly from 9 p.m., Fridayuntil 5 a.m., Monday and finally;
– One lane will close on SR 279/Old National Highway from the Fayette County line to SR 14/ US 29/ Roosevelt Highway from 9 p.m., Sunday until 5 a.m., Monday for resurfacing.