GDOT warns of weekend construction work on I-285, I-75Atlanta Downtown Connector. Source: Wikimedia commons. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atlanta_75.85.jpg
The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) wants drivers to watch out for construction this weekend. Work is being done on the I-75 Express Lanes and I-285. There is also the possibility of some winter weather for drivers to contend with this weekend.
Here’s the full list of planned work from GDOT:
• Work on the South Metro Express Lanes will require one northbound lane and shoulder closure on I-675 at SR 138/ Stockbridge Road continuously from 7 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
• Sign structure work will require one northbound and one southbound lane closure between SR 120 Loop/ South Marietta Parkway and SR 120 Loop/North Marietta Parkway from 6 a.m., until 5 p.m., Saturday;
• Additionally, sign structure work on I-285 will require two westbound lane closures between SR 139/Riverdale Road and the I-85 interchange from 12 p.m., Saturday until 5 a.m., Monday;
• Lastly, sign structure work on I-285 will require one westbound lane closure at SR 54/Jonesboro Road from 9 a.m., until 12 p.m., Saturday;
• On I-20, one eastbound lane and the shoulder will close between SR 70/Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange from 9 p.m., Friday until 7 p.m., Sunday;
• Also on I-20, two eastbound lanes will close between SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard from 10 p.m., Friday until 7 p.m., Sunday;
• One lane will close on SR 237/Piedmont Road at Habersham Road from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday; and finally
• The I-20 westbound ramp to Capitol Avenue will be closed for the 5th Annual “Hot Chocolate Atlanta 15K/5K” from 7 a.m., until 11 a.m., Sunday.
Drivers should also be aware of these events going on in the city:
Women of Faith “Loved: The Farewell Tour” (Estimated Attendance: 18,000 Each Day)
Friday, January 22, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 23, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Hot Chocolate 5k (Estimated Attendance: 25,000)
Saturday, January 23, 7:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.