Where to go Valentine’s Day weekendArtwork by Catherine Moore
If you need some Valentine’s weekend inspiration for gifts or events, Decaturish has you covered.
CORE, the dance organization based in downtown Decatur will hold its first-ever “Dance Sampler” fundraiser on Saturday, Feb. 13 from 6 p.m. until midnight at the CORE studios. A press release says, “The evening will include opportunities for people of all ages and dance experience levels to discover and try various types of dance forms ranging from tango to disco and more. Conceived and planned by CORE’s Board of Directors as an enjoyable way to engage supporters and new audiences, this event will raise funds for the organization, now celebrating its 30th season in Atlanta.” CORE’s website says food trucks will be there all evening so you can keep your dance energy up. You can purchase tickets online.
Looking for something romantic but a little less active? Emory is holding a Jazz Fest Big Band night at the Schwartz Center for Performing Arts on Saturday, Feb. 13 at 8 p.m. The free concert will feature the Gary Motley Trio along with the Emory Big Band and the Emory University Symphony Orchestra Strings.
South City Riot with Nathan Nelson will be playing at the Avondale Towne Cinema Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 5 p.m.
Solstice Yoga & Barre in Decatur has a Valentine’s Partner Yoga class on Sunday from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required for the class, which includes bubbly and chocolate.
[adsanity id=27331 align=aligncenter /]
Shopping & Food
Greene’s Fine Foods in Decatur is taking orders for chocolate-covered strawberries. The candy shop also sells beer and wine.
The French restaurant Cafe Alsace is offering a preset menu on Sunday with seating at 6 p.m. or 8:30 p.m. The $70 dinner includes bubbly and multiple courses. Details can be found on the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Revival in Decatur is offering a special dinner menu for two for $72 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings. The restaurant says the regular menu will be available all weekend as well.
Decatur’s Wahoo! Grill is offering a four-course prix fixe menu on Sunday from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. It costs $49 a person. Wine pairings cost an additional $22.
The city of Decatur shared these additional local ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day:
– Natural Body: Get an additional $30 on a purchase of a $150 gift card or schedule one of the spa’s Valentine services.
– Trinity Mercantile: Stop in Trinity now through Feb. 13, snap a selfie with your perfect gift, share it on Facebook/Instagram and tag your special someone & Trinity with #hinthint. If they take the hint, the shop will give them 25% off your gift!
– Wahoo! Grill: Valentine’s Day Dinner for Two, $49 per person prix fixe menu, add wine pairings for $22, 404-373-3331.
– Jeni’s Ice Cream: Check out the Valentine’s Day Gift Guide and pre order now.
– Doggy Dogg: Scout Mob is offering hand-crafted hot dogs for two for $21. The deal includes two dogs of your choice, two bags of Zapps chips, two craft beers, and an Ashley Sue’s Nutella Brownie to share.
– Parker’s on Ponce: Valentine’s Day Weekend – treat your sweetheart to a candlelight dinner in front of restaurant’s stone fireplace, 404-924-2230.
Over in Avondale Estates, these businesses are offering Valentine’s specials:
– Garage Door Studio is offering Valentine Terrariums. “Stop in the store between Friday, February 12, and Sunday, February 14 and choose from the ready made terrariums or special order a terrarium by Wednesday, February 10, to guarantee it will be ready for the big day.”
– Icing is selling Valentine heart cakes. A city email said, “Choose between sugar roses or whimsical sugar hearts for decoration. The cakes are $25 and orders must be placed by Thursday, February 11, for pickup Friday, February 12, or Saturday, February 13. Icing also has a variety of Valentine cake truffles, cake pops, cupcakes and cookies for your Sweetie.”
– The Market in Avondale is offering Valentine’s Day packages which include “two filet migons, rosemary roasted red potatoes, a bottle of red wine and a dessert from Icing Cake Design and Sweets Boutique. Call 404-941-7236 to order your dinner today! Pick up time is from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, February 13.”
In Kirkwood, The Pullman is offering a Valentine’s weekend menu Friday-Sunday from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. For $35 a person, you’ll get your choice of appetizers, entrees, and desserts from a fixed menu that includes oysters, stuffed chicken breast with winter squash risotto, and strawberry stuffed chocolate truffle cake. Drink pairings are $20 a person.
Savor Wine Boutique in Kirkwood will be holding a wine tasting at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 13. It’s a great way to try out a wine to enjoy with your sweetheart on Sunday.
Have a Valentine’s weekend event to add to the list? Email us at [email protected].