DeKalb County tag renewal kiosks will be available at Kroger storesPhoto obtained via http://dor.georgia.gov/mvd-self-service-centers
Residents who need to renew their tags can avoid long lines and buy some groceries while they’re at it.
DeKalb County has announced that two Kroger stores – Embry Village and North Decatur Road – will have vehicle tag renewal kiosks.
There will be ribbon-cutting ceremonies for the kiosks on May 2.
“The kiosks, which were first introduced at the Kroger store in Ellenwood, Ga., offer users the ability to enter the tag number, VIN number or driver’s license number to retrieve registrations,” a press release from the DeKalb County Tax Commissioner’s Office says.
According to the Georgia Department of Revenue, customers must meet the following requirements to renew their tags using the kiosks:
- You must live in a participating county.
- Your Georgia State driver’s license or your renewal notice. Manual entry is available.
- Your renewal notice contains your correct address.
- Pay all registration fees, taxes and the convenience fees by debit or credit card or cash (where available). You will know the actual cost before you complete the transaction. You may cancel at any time before the transaction is complete.
- You must have proof of liability insurance on file (if applicable).
- You must have a Vehicle Emission Inspection on file (if applicable).
The Georgia Department of Revenue provided this video of the kiosks in action …