Woodlands Garden looking for part-time garden manager
Decatur’s Woodlands Gardens is on the lookout for a part-time garden manager.
The nonprofit says it is seeking a “highly motivated candidate with horticultural, managerial and administrative experience.” The position could expand to full time employment, the job posting says.
The part-time garden manager will:
[adsanity id=34457 align=aligncenter /]
– Manage the maintenance of Woodlands Garden by overseeing and executing routine care of the existing landscape ranging from mature tree canopy to native plant collections, and implementation of new native gardens in the organization’s master plan.
– Provide routine care of the Garden, including plant selection, design, planting, mulching, watering, weeding, pruning, and monitoring, using best horticulture practices.
– Manage horticulture staff, including seasonal positions and garden interns
– Use and conduct preventative maintenance of equipment, tools, and irrigation systems.
– Manage the annual garden maintenance budget and coordinate with contractors for lawn and tree care.
– Recruit, communicate with, and train volunteer groups to assist with regular garden maintenance and special events as needed.
– Assist with communication through regular e-newsletters to the Garden audience and capture seasonal photos of the Garden.
– Lead tours of the Garden and assist with community outreach at neighborhood festivals or as a guest speaker when necessary.
– Interact with the Executive Director regularly regarding all Garden activity, including special arrangements for proper and safe use of the Garden during programs.
– Support the Board of Directors and committees as needed.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
For more information about the job and instructions on how to apply, click here.
[adsanity id=30491 align=aligncenter /]