LOADING

Type to search

Construction worker OK after being electrocuted, causing power blip at Decatur High

Crime and public safety Decatur slideshow

Construction worker OK after being electrocuted, causing power blip at Decatur High

The front steps of Decatur High School. Photo by Dan Whisenhunt
Share

The front steps of Decatur High School. Photo by Dan Whisenhunt

A construction worker was electrocuted after touching underground electrical wiring on Thursday and causing a brief power outage at Decatur High.

The man is OK, the Decatur Fire Department said.

Deputy Fire Chief Stephanie Harpring said, “Around 3 p.m. today, the fire department responded to Decatur High School in reference to a medical call. On scene, a construction worker was working with equipment and came in contact with some underground electrical wiring. The worker was alert upon arrival. Patient was alert and oriented when transported by EMS to the hospital. There was temporary power outage to the area.”

Superintendent David Dude notified parents of the power outage on Thursday afternoon via Facebook. His announcement didn’t mention what caused it.

“We are experiencing a power outage affecting DHS and Central Office. Georgia Power is aware of the problem and working on it,” he said. “Dismissal will proceed as normal.”

 

Decaturish needs your support!

Help us provide you with free, quality local news. Become a Decaturish.com supporter today

To chip in $3 a month, click here.

To chip in $6 a month, click here.

To chip in $60 a year, click here.
* Decaturish.com is not a 501-c-3 organization. Support of Decaturish goes toward our newsgathering efforts. Decaturish does not have a print edition.
close-link