Biz Bits: Bead store closing, Plants receives awards
A few business news and notes from around Decatur …
– The Bead Shoppe is closing its doors on April 15. The store is located at 2849 E College Ave. in Decatur.
“All inventory is 50 percent off until we close,” the company told Decaturish. “We will still be selling some of our vintage inventory online at http://www.thebeadshoppeonline.com/ and https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheBeadShoppeInBulk.”
The company has been operating for nine years and plans to move its operations online.
[adsanity id=34994 align=aligncenter /]
– Plants Creative Landscapes has announced that two of its design and installation projects “have been recognized for their excellence by leaders in the green industry.” The projects received the “Grand award” in the 2016 Georgia Landscape Awards (GALA), presented by the Georgia Urban Ag Council, a press release from the company says. The company had a recent local project that many residents and visitors may have seen. Last year, Plants received a contract from the city to restore grass around the city of Decatur bandstand.
– Nearly New Thrift Shop, a local consignment store benefiting the Junior League of Atlanta, is closing on Apr. 29. This 68-year-old business brought about several million dollars to support the Junior League’s local community outreach. On Apr. 8, Nearly New is celebrating the shop’s decades of success. For more information about that event, click here.
– The city of Decatur reminds everyone that its logo is copyrighted. From the April edition of the Decatur Focus:
The City of Decatur logo is a registered trademark and may only be used with permission from the Decatur City Commission. For-profit businesses that wish to sell items with the City of Decatur logo on them must make a request and receive permission from the commission. An annual licensing fee and a percentage of the net profits are part of each agreement. City of Decatur nonprofit organizations that wish to incorporate the logo for a one-time special use are considered on a case-by-case basis. For more information, contact Linda Harris, email@example.com, 678-553-6512.
– The Shop Indie-Catur event is April 15. More from the city …
Get your shopping done locally, Saturday, April 15, noon-5 p.m. – the first Storefront Saturday of the year. Shop at participating businesses and enjoy raffles, prizes, snacks and specials when you Keep It Indie-Catur at this special spring shopping event. Make a purchase at any Storefront Saturday shop, bring your receipt to the tent on the square, and enter to win. Visit thedecaturminute.com for an up-to-date listing of participating stores.
Have business news you’d like to report? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[adsanity id=32721 align=aligncenter /]
[adsanity id=35171 align=aligncenter /]