Decatur, DeKalb sanitation collection schedule revised for Memorial DayThe DeKalb County Sanitation Department.
By Ellie Ritter, contributor
On Monday, May 29, DeKalb County’s Sanitation Division will be closed in observance of Memorial Day, according to a DeKalb County press release. As a result, the schedule for garbage, recyclable materials and yard trimming collection will be changed due to the holiday. The collection schedule will be pushed back by one day.
Collection for residential customers will be based on the revised collection schedule below:
– Monday, May 29 – Memorial Day observed. No sanitation collection service.
– Tuesday, May 30 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Monday, May 29, will be serviced on Tuesday, May 30.
– Wednesday, May 31 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Tuesday, May 30, will be serviced on Wednesday, May 31.
– Thursday, June 1 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Wednesday, May 31, will be serviced on Thursday, June 1.
– Friday, June 2 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Thursday, June 1, will be serviced on Friday, June 2.
In addition, the Sanitation Division’s administrative office, the Central and North Transfer Stations and the Seminole Road Landfill will be closed on Monday, May 29 and will reopen on Tuesday, May 30, during normal operating hours.
The city of Decatur has also altered its collection schedule. Here’s the announcement from the city:
This is a reminder that all city offices are closed for Memorial Day, Monday, May 29.
Regular solid waste and recycling services for Monday and Tuesday are as follows:
Monday trash and recycling pick up will be on Tuesday, May 30
Tuesday trash and recycling pick up will be on Wednesday, May 31