Garbage collection schedule to change for July 4 holidayThe DeKalb County Sanitation Department.
By Ellie Ritter, contributor
In observance of the Independence Day holiday, DeKalb County’s Sanitation Division will be closed, and there will be no residential trash and sanitation collection service on Tuesday, July 4, according to a DeKalb County press release.
Instead, garbage, recyclable materials and yard trimmings collection for residential customers will be pushed back by one day beginning July 5. See the revised collection schedule below:
[adsanity id=36760 align=aligncenter /]
- Monday, July 3 – Normal collection day;
- Tuesday, July 4 – Independence Day observed; no collection service;
- Wednesday, July 5 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Tuesday, July 4, will be serviced on Wednesday, July 5;
- Thursday, July 6 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Wednesday, July 5, will be serviced on Thursday, July 6;
- Friday, July 7 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Thursday, July 6, will be serviced on Friday, July 7.
Additionally, the release noted that the Sanitation Division’s administrative office, Central and North Transfer Stations and Seminole Road Landfill will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, and will reopen on Wednesday, July 5, during normal operating hours.
The City of Decatur will also close all city offices on July 3 and 4, according to the Decatur Minute. Their regular services for Monday, July 3 and Tuesday, July 4, will be on Wednesday, July 5.
For more information on the trash collection schedule, contact the Sanitation Division’s customer service team at 404-294-2900, [email protected] or visit their website.