Open House will be held for Moreland Avenue improvements
The Georgia Department of Transportation is seeking input on improving Moreland Avenue from DeKalb Avenue to Mansfield Avenue.
The open house will be held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Mary Lin Elementary School, located at 586 Candler Park Drive NE.
Here is more information provided by GDOT:
[adsanity id=35971 align=aligncenter /]
The purpose of this project is to improve operations and safety along the corridor. To that end, Georgia DOT proposed operational and safety improvements include:
- Reducing SR 42/Moreland Ave between Dekalb Avenue ramps and the Euclid/McLendonAvenue intersection to a five-lane section; with
- 11-foot middle turn lane, two lanes in each direction with 11-foot outside lanes, 10-foot inside lanes; and
- Six-foot raised bike lanes separated from the road by a 3-inch tall mountable header curb
- Reconstruction of the shoulder area on the east side with header curb, a two –foot stamped concrete strip and a six-foot sidewalk
- Reconstruction of the west side shoulder header curb, a two –foot stamped concrete strip and a five foot sidewalk
Other improvements between Dekalb Avenue ramps and the Euclid/McClendon Avenues include:
- A stamped concrete strip north of Dekalb avenue ramps; with
- Pedestrian refuge cut-through opening providing for a future Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon
- Second raised central median approximately 300 feet south of SSR 42/Moreland Ave; and
- Squaring off of the intersection which eliminates blind spots to pedestrians crossing the intersection
The proposed project is approximately .4 miles located within Dekalb and Fulton County. Residents interested in learning more about the proposed project are encouraged to attend the meeting and express their concerns. Project displays and detour maps will be available at that time. Georgia DOT representatives will also be there to discuss the project and answer questions as no formal presentation will be given.
The open house will be held from 5 p.m., until 7:00 p.m. tonight at the Mary Lin Elementary School, located at 586 Candler Park Drive NE, Atlanta Georgia 30307.
You can provide your comments by Wednesday, June 19th by using the following methods:
- Online at www.dot.ga.gov/PS/Public/PublicOutreach.
- From the menu, select the county in which the proposed project is located and clickGo;
- Then select Moreland Avenue Improvements;
- Lastly, click Comment and follow the instructions to leave your comments.
- Mail you comment card to Mr. Eric Duff, Georgia Department of Transportation, 600 West Peachtree Street, NW, 16th Floor, Atlanta, Georgia 30308
[adsanity id=35598 align=aligncenter /]
[adsanity id=28960 align=aligncenter /]