Biz Bits: Dating app targets Dragon Con, Resurgens and CharterBank merge, and more
Here are some business news and notes from around Decatur and metro Atlanta.
– A new app designed to help convention goers connect with other attendees is ready just in time for Dragon Con. Convexion was conceived by Jared van Aalten, who also is responsible for the design of Decaturish. Click here for more information.
– Resurgens Bank has announced plans to merge with CharterBank. The merger will occur on Sept. 1.
“The merger will expand the community bank’s presence in metro Atlanta from its current two branches in Decatur and Northlake to nine locations, giving customers access to CharterBank branches in Buckhead, Marietta, East Cobb, Smyrna and Newnan, as well as in other towns across Georgia, Alabama and north Florida,” the company announced. “Charles DeWitt, founding CEO of Resurgens Bank, will become Regional President of CharterBank.”
[adsanity id=37799 align=aligncenter /]
– Workout Anytime has a new owner.
“Decatur residents Hubert Kang and Hemanth Grandhige met through mutual friends and frequently exercised together at the Workout Anytime on Lavista Road,” a spokesperson for the company announced. “After developing a friendship with the previous owner and witnessing how successful that Workout Anytime was, the two discussed opening up another location in the area. However, the stars aligned and Hubert and Hemanth received word that the owner of the Decatur location was ready to retire, offering the perfect opportunity to take over ownership. With Hubert’s extensive background in business and marketing, with stints at Saatchi & Saatchi and Microsoft, and Hemanth’s experience as the owner at HAVN Real Estate, the two were the perfect combination to successfully take over as owners of Workout Anytime.”
– Cornerstone Bank in Decatur across from the Marriott invites the public to see its new art gallery space.
“Officially known as Different Trains Gallery 2 at Cornerstone Bank of Decatur, the grand opening exhibition, titled BankSEE, is a group show of Georgia-based artists Elizabeth Barton, Christopher Paul Dean, Ruth Franklin, Masako Kelly, and Steve McKenzie, among others,” the company announced.”
There will be a ribbon cutting during the Decatur Book Festival on Sept. 2 at noon. The reception continues until 6 p.m.
– DeKalb County entrepreneur Mitch Leff, of Leff & Associates Public Relations, is offering more online services: Leff’s Atlanta Media and Mitch’s Media Match.
“The unique online tools help local businesses connect with and market their products, services, events and issues by working with Atlanta media,” Leff said.
“We’ve rebuilt Leff’s Atlanta Media, the only comprehensive database of Atlanta media, and Mitch’s Media Match, where we connect reporters with local sources, with the latest technology,” Leff added. “The improvements make both sites even faster, more accessible and more effective for our subscribers.”
The company’s website is: www.leffsatlantamedia.com
Do you have business news? Email us at [email protected]
[adsanity id=32721 align=aligncenter /]
[adsanity id=28960 align=aligncenter /]