LOADING

Type to search

Report: 74-year-old who died in house fire was using candles to light home following storm

Crime and public safety Metro ATL slideshow

Report: 74-year-old who died in house fire was using candles to light home following storm

Share

A 74-year-old man died in a house fire in greater Decatur and his daughter told WSB-TV her father had been using candles as a light source since losing power due to Hurricane Irma.

The fire occurred on the morning of Sept. 13.

The man, identified as Wendell Bailey, died of apparent smoke inhalation, the TV station reported.

The Fire Department has not determined an exact cause of death. Here’s the full story from WSB-TV:

[adsanity id=37799 align=aligncenter /]

Subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest news from Decaturish!



[adsanity id=37962 align=aligncenter /]

[adsanity id=33719 align=aligncenter /]

Decaturish needs your support!

Help us provide you with free, quality local news. Become a Decaturish.com supporter today

To chip in $3 a month, click here.

To chip in $6 a month, click here.

To chip in $60 a year, click here.
* Decaturish.com is not a 501-c-3 organization. Support of Decaturish goes toward our newsgathering efforts. Decaturish does not have a print edition.
close-link