Early voting in Nov. 7 elections starts Monday, Oct. 16File photo by Jonathan Phillips
[adsanity id=36678 align=aligncenter /]
Early voting in the Nov. 7 election begins on Monday, Oct. 16.
In DeKalb County, early voting will be held Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Oct. 16 through Nov. 3. There will also be Saturday early voting on Oct. 28, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
People can cast an early ballot at the following locations:
[adsanity id=38361 align=aligncenter /]
MAIN LOCATION — Voter Registration & Elections Office
4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300
Decatur, GA 30032
ATLANTA – Bessie Branham Recreation Center
2015 Delano Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30317
There will be citywide elections throughout the county and voters in all of DeKalb County will be asked to approve a 1 cent special purpose local option sales tax to raise $636,762,352 for infrastructure improvements, and an “equalized homestead option sales tax” to use 100 percent of the homestead option sales to give residents a tax break, with most of the benefit of that going to city residents. The Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Mark Niesse published a detailed and easy to understand breakdown of each ballot question related to SPLOST and EHOST. To read it, click here.
You must be 18 years old to vote.
The Secretary of State says people who wish to vote must meet the following requirements:
Georgia law (O.C.G.A § 21-2-417) requires Georgia residents to show photo identification when voting in person.
You are not required to provide identification when you vote absentee by mail.
WHAT IDS ARE ACCEPTABLE?
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
Bring one of these six forms of identification to vote.
GEORGIA’S VOTER IDENTIFICATION CARD
If you do not have one of the six acceptable forms of photo ID, the State of Georgia offers a free ID Card. An ID card can be issued at any county registrar’s office or Department of Driver Services Office free of charge.
To receive a voter identification card, the voter must provide:
- A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth
- Documentation showing the voter’s date of birth
- Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter
- Documentation showing the applicant’s name and residential address.
To see your polling information, click here.
Please vote in the Nov. 7 elections.
[adsanity id=36480 align=aligncenter /]
[adsanity id=33719 align=aligncenter /]