Trick or Treat: Check out these family friendly Halloween eventsA previous winner of Avondale Estates' "Most Creative" Award.
[adsanity id=38652 align=aligncenter /]
There will be a variety of Halloween events in DeKalb County between Oct. 27 and 31.
Hosted by the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs, most of the events are free and will have face painting, games and contests. All festivals are family and costume-friendly.
Here are some of the events coming up this month:
Friday, Oct. 27
– Mason Mill Recreation Center and Friends of the Park, 1340-B McConnell Drive, Decatur, GA
30033, 6 – 8 p.m. Free admission.
– Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur, GA 30032, 7 – 8 p.m. Free admission.
– N.H. Scott Recreation Center and Decatur Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur, GA 30032, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Free admission with individually wrapped bag of candy.
– Tucker Recreation Center, 4898 LaVista Road, Tucker, GA 30084, 6:30 – 8 p.m. Free admission with individually wrapped bag of candy.
[adsanity id=38361 align=aligncenter /]
Saturday, Oct. 28
– Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, Lithonia Senior Center and Union Baptist Church, 2484 Bruce Street, Lithonia, GA 30058, 12:30 – 5 p.m. Free admission.
– Redan and New Covenant Christian Ministries, 1839 Phillips Road, Lithonia, GA 30058. 11 a.m.
– 3 p.m. Free admission.
Tuesday, Oct. 31
– Browns Mill Recreation Center, 5101 Browns Mill Road, Lithonia, GA 30038, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. $5 admission with individually wrapped bag of candy.
– Exchange Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034, 6 – 9 p.m. Free admission.
– Gresham Recreation Center and Booster Club, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta, GA 30316, 6:30 –8:30 p.m. Free admission with individually wrapped bag of candy.
– Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale, GA 30079, 6 – 8 p.m. Free admission with individually wrapped bag of candy.
– Tobie Grant Recreation Center and Remnant Church, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale, GA 30079, 6– 8:30 p.m. Free admission.
Decatur will hold the Haints & Saints Halloween Parade on Oct. 29, starting at 4 p.m.
The line up at the Decatur Post Office, located at 520 West Ponce de Leon Avenue, starts at 3 p.m.
For more information about that event, click here.
Avondale Estates also bestows “Spirit Awards” for residents with the best decorations.
“One business and a group of homes with the best decorations are presented with the awards every year,” the city says. “Residential award categories include scariest, most creative and children’s appeal.”
To learn more about the Spirit Awards, click here.
If you have any other Halloween events you’d like to add to this list, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[adsanity id=36480 align=aligncenter /]
[adsanity id=33719 align=aligncenter /]