DeKalb County Christmas tree pickup and sanitation servicesThe DeKalb County Sanitation Department.
[adsanity id=39504 align=aligncenter /]
The DeKalb County Sanitation Division will be altering their regular collection schedule of garbage, recyclables, and yard trimmings on Monday, Dec. 25, Christmas Day.
The revised schedule will go as follows, postponing pickup by one business day:
[adsanity id=39177 align=aligncenter /]
– Monday, Dec. 25 – Christmas Day observed; no collection service.
– Tuesday, Dec. 26 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Monday,
– Wednesday, Dec. 27 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is
Tuesday, Dec. 26, will be serviced on Wednesday, Dec. 27.
– Thursday, Dec. 28 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is
– Friday, Dec. 29 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is
Thursday, Dec. 28, will be serviced on Friday, Dec. 29.
In addition, the Sanitation Division’s administrative office, Central and North Transfer Stations and Seminole Road Landfill will close on Dec. 25 and be back in business on Dec. 26, with regular hours.
Although DeKalb County Sanitation Division business will be closed for Christmas Day, they are offering Christmas tree curbside collection for free. All county residents are included, and the service lasts from Dec. 26, 2017, through Jan. 12, 2018 during normal sanitation service hours.
In order to partake, strip the tree of ornaments and decorations and put it on the curb. Trees must be 7 feet or less in height, and if larger, can be dropped off at the Seminole Road Landfill or collected by the Sanitation Division’s special collection unit with possible fees.
All trees that are acquired will be recycled, turned into mulch.
[adsanity id=36480 align=aligncenter /]
[adsanity id=33719 align=aligncenter /]