President of Agnes Scott Elizabeth Kiss awarded with 2018 leadership award
Elizabeth Kiss, the outgoing President of Agnes Scott College, earned the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education District III Chief Executive Leadership Award for 2018.
Kiss will be presented with the award at the District III conference happening now in Atlanta, from Feb. 11 through Feb. 14.
According to a recent press release, this leadership award is given to those who:
– Demonstrate the ability to create a vision and inspire others
– Establish a positive image for the institution while leading it to higher levels of success
– Increase the institution’s stature in the community
– Encourage innovation and risk-taking among employees
– Actively support all aspects of institutional advancement
In addition, Kiss was nominated and supported by many involved in the Agnes Scott community, whether it be co-workers or former students.
“I have had the distinct privilege of working closely with Elizabeth and experiencing first-hand her passion, intellectual acuity and dynamism,” Vice President for College Advancement Robiaun Charles said in a recent press release. “The Agnes Scott community is forever bettered through her commitment to this special place, and I can think of no one more deserving of this award.”
Kiss will leave her post as president and will be replaced by Leocadia (Lee) I. Zak on July 1. Kiss has been president of Agnes Scott since 2006.
Kiss will be moving on to become the Rhodes Trust Warden & CEO, leading the organization that awards the prestigious Rhodes Scholarships.