United Methodist Children’s Home invites the public to volunteer at new locationPhoto provided by UMCH
[adsanity id=40988 align=aligncenter /]
The United Methodist Children’s Home, which relocated some of its offices to the Tucker area last year, is looking for new volunteers, and opportunities include helping with the recently expanded flea market.
The flea market has expanded from being open three times a year to being open every month, the organization says.
[adsanity_group num_ads=1 num_columns=1 group_ids=2447 /]
[adsanity id=39827 align=aligncenter /]
Every third Saturday of the month, except in December, the Flea Market is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. In addition, it is open every Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Flea Market is in the Lakeside Centre Office Park, 1967 Lakeside Parkway, Suite 400 in Tucker.
With their new location comes new opportunities to help out. UMCH is looking for more volunteers to help with the following areas:
– Donating items for the Flea Market, which are accepted on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays
between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Items can be dropped off at 1967 Lakeside Parkway, Suite 400 Tucker, GA 30084.
– Providing childcare for our families while they attend classes or training
– Tutoring children and young adults in residence
– Mentoring resident adults or children
– Providing meals during trainings or celebrations
– Helping with special events
– Cleaning and organizing our Diaper Closet
– Providing administrative support at our metro Atlanta offices
To sign up to be a volunteer now, go to https://umchildrenshome.volunteerhub.com/. For more information about all of the UMCH volunteer opportunities, check out: http://www.umchildrenshome.org/ways-to-help/volunteer/.
[adsanity id=32721 align=aligncenter /]
[adsanity id=38509 align=aligncenter /]