DeKalb Entertainment Commission offering classes and workshops on entertainment industryDeKalb County Georgia. Source: Google Maps.
[adsanity id=”49303″ align=”aligncenter” /]
The DeKalb Entertainment Commission will offer a number of classes and workshops for residents and businesses throughout the summer and fall, covering topics including film, television, digital media and networking.
Most of the workshops are targeted toward people just beginning their career or business, but almost anyone can attend.
Some of the classes include:
[adsanity_group num_ads=1 num_columns=1 group_ids=2447 /]
[adsanity id=”31844″ align=”aligncenter” /]
- Intro to the Film Business 101
- Date: August 4, 2018
- Time: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Location: Discover DeKalb Convention and Visitors Bureau 1957 Lakeside Parkway, Suite 510, Tucker, GA 30084
- Price: $65 non-members/$50 ATLFS/GPP members/$30 DeKalb residents
- This course teaches basics of the business development to sale, terminology, crew positions, definitions and hierarchy and provides and overview of the film and television industry, including commercials, industrials and music videos. There are a limited number of slots guaranteed for DeKalb Residents. Register here.
- The Production Assistant Academy
- Date: August 11-12, 2018
- Time: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. each day
- Location: PC&E 2235 Defoor Hills Road Northwest, Atlanta, GA, 30318
- Price: $150 non-members/$120 ATLFS or GPP members/$75 DeKalb residents
- This two-day, boot camp-style Production Assistant workshop is aimed at those just starting their career in the industry as well as those looking to advance their knowledge of what it takes to succeed as an office or onset production assistant working on commercials, industrials, music videos, independent films, television series and studio features. There are a limited number of slots guaranteed for DeKalb Residents. Register here.
- Screenwriting Seminar from the Broadleaf Writing Association
- Date: TBA
- Time: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Location: DeKalb-Decatur Library Auditorium, 215 Sycamore St., Decatur, GA 30030
- Price: Free – Capacity is 150 (first come, first serve)
- This seminar aims to help writers learn how to get their work published. The Broadleaf Writers Association is a nonprofit educational organization of writers and writing professionals assembled to instruct and inspire writers in their efforts to refine their craft.
[adsanity id=32721 align=aligncenter /]
[adsanity id=33719 align=aligncenter /]