Avondale art studio to host lantern-making workshops for upcoming Lantern Parade
With the second-annual Lantern Parade in Avondale Estates taking place October 13, a local art studio in Avondale will host lantern-making workshops over the coming weeks.
Chantelle Rytter, who is also part of the BeltLine, Decatur, and Sandy Springs Lantern Parades, will be leading four of five lantern making workshops at Little Tree Art Studios. At the workshops, participants will be able to create and design their own lanterns.
All lantern making materials will be provided at four of the workshops as a part of registration costs. The Sept. 23 class is free, but participants need to bring their own materials.
Each class will take place at Little Tree Studios, located at 2834 Franklin St. in Avondale Estates. The classes are scheduled as follows:
- Sunday, Sept. 23: Little Tree Studios, 1-4 p.m. Free Form Lanterns $0, bring your own materials (list will be provided) with Peter Plishka, Pete Anziano, Camille Harvey. Register by email here.
- Saturday, Oct. 6: Little Tree Studios, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Globe Lanterns, $30, Register here, materials provided.
- Saturday, Oct. 6: Little Tree Studios, 2-5 p.m. Parasol Lanterns, $35, Register here, materials provided.
- Sunday, Oct. 7: Little Tree Studios, 2-6 p.m., Willow Butterfly Lanterns, $35, Register here, materials provide.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9: Little Tree Studios, 6:30-9 p.m., Hat Lanterns, $35, Register here, materials provided.
Additionally, Garage Door Studio in Avondale will have basic globe lantern kits available to purchase for $25.