DeKalb solicitor-general announces Dancing with the DeKalb Stars lineup
[adsanity id=”52748″ align=”aligncenter” /]
DeKalb County Solicitor-General Donna Coleman-Stribling has announced this year’s “Dancing with the DeKalb Stars” fundraiser participants, including notable members from DeKalb’s public and civic community.
Hosted yearly by Coleman-Stribling, “Dancing with the DeKalb Stars” raises awareness about domestic violence issues and raises money for organizations against domestic violence. The dance competition features nine teams, comprised of a dance professional and a DeKalb County celebrity.
Some of the performers include:
- Mayor Deborah Jackson, City of Lithonia, paired with Jarrith “JP” Patterson
- Dr. Connie Stevenson, director of school choice, DeKalb County School District, paired with Shervoski Moreland
- Major Donald Chase, Brookhaven Police Department, paired with Evin Lang
- Councilwoman Jazzmin Cobble, City of Stonecrest, District 3, paired with Fabian Phillips
- Dr. Thomas Glanton, principal of Southwest DeKalb High School, paired with Sabrina Randolph
Additionally, U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson will perform a special number in honor of the two nonprofits benefiting from the event.
The performers will also take donations to support the two nonprofits, and the pair that raises the most money by Friday, Oct. 19, will be named the “People’s Choice.”
Dancing with the DeKalb Stars takes place on Saturday, Oct. 20, at the Porter Sanford III Performing Arts and Community Center, 3181 Rainbow Dr., Decatur, Ga. 30034.
Doors open at 5 p.m. for the expo portion of the event, and the dance competition will begin at 6 p.m. Tickets are available online here.
[adsanity_group num_ads=1 num_columns=1 group_ids=2447 /]
[adsanity id=”31844″ align=”aligncenter” /]
[adsanity id=32721 align=aligncenter /]
[adsanity id=33719 align=aligncenter /]