DeKalb County School District to host six more meetings about Strategic PlanPhoto provided by the DeKalb County School District.
Over the next couple of weeks, the DeKalb County School District is looking to receive feedback from the community about their 2019 to 2024 Strategic Plan, and in order to do so, they are hosting a series of seven meetings.
One meeting was held at Miller Grove High School on Oct. 9. The next meetings will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., held at the locations and dates below:
– Oct. 15: Clarkston High School, located at 618 N. Indian Drive in Clarkston
– Oct. 16: Druid Hills High School, located at 1798 Haygood Drive NE in Atlanta
– Oct. 22: Cedar Grove High School, located at 2360 River Road in Ellenwood
– Oct. 25: Stephenson High School, located at 701 Stephenson Road in Stone Mountain
– Oct. 29: Lakeside High School, located at 3801 Briarcliff Road NE in Atlanta
– Oct. 30: Dunwoody High School, located at 5035 Vermack Road in Dunwoody
According to a recent press release, meetings will focus on the future for DeKalb County School District “including plans for student achievement, outlines for measurable success, and routes for employee satisfaction.”
In addition to the district meetings, on Oct. 23, at 6:30 p.m., the community is invited to attend the Parent Councils United’s Conversation with Superintendent/CEO Dr. R. Stephen Green.
Hosted at the Robert R. Freeman Administrative & Instructional Complex’s auditorium, Green will talk from his perspective about how the school year is going and what goals there are for the rest of the year. Afterward, he will conduct a Q&A for all participants.
“Each year, Parent Councils United graciously unites parents, staff, and community members for an evening filled with productive conversation. I expect this year to be no exception,” Green said in a recent press release. “I challenge everyone to attend this year’s event and learn how they can become involved in the DeKalb County School District’s mission of elevating education in DeKalb County.”