DeKalb County and City of Decatur adjust trash pick up for ThanksgivingThe DeKalb County Sanitation Department.
For the Thanksgiving holiday, the sanitation collection service for DeKalb County residents will be adjusted as follows, according to a recent press release:
– Monday, Nov. 19: Normal collection day.
– Tuesday, Nov. 20: Normal collection day.
– Wednesday, Nov. 21: Normal collection day.
– Thursday, Nov. 22: Thanksgiving Day observed; no collection service.
– Friday, Nov. 23: Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Thursday will be serviced on Friday.
Closure for Thanksgiving includes the Sanitation Division administrative office, which will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday, Nov. 23, reopening for normal operation on Monday, Nov. 26. The North Transfer Station and Seminole Road Landfill will close for Thanksgiving day and reopen for normal operation on Friday, Nov. 23.
Have any questions?
Contact the Sanitation Division by phone at 404-294-2900 or via email at email@example.com. You can also check out: www.dekalbsanitation.com or follow @DKalbSanitation on Twitter for more information.
In addition, all City of Decatur offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday, Nov. 23, reopening for normal business hours on Monday, Nov. 26. Decatur’s solid waste and recycling services that are normally scheduled on Thursday, Nov. 22 and Friday, Nov. 23 will be collected on Wednesday, Nov. 21 instead.