Trash collection schedules adjusted for the holidaysThe DeKalb County Sanitation Department.
With the Christmas holiday approaching quickly, the city of Decatur and DeKalb County have announced building closures and an adjusted trash and recycling collection schedule.
According to the city, all city offices will close for the Christmas holiday on Monday, Dec. 24 and Tuesday, Dec 25, as well as for the New Year’s holiday on Monday, Dec. 31 and Tuesday, Jan. 1.
In addition, the Decatur Recreation Center and Ebster Recreation Center will be closed from Dec. 24 through Jan. 1 and will reopen on Jan. 2. The gym floors in the buildings will be redone over the break, the city said.
The Oakhurst Indoor Pool will be open on an adjusted schedule throughout the break, which can be found here.
For solid waste and recycling collection services, the city of Decatur will operate according to the following schedule:
· Christmas Holiday, Monday, Dec. 24 and Tuesday, Dec. 25
· Regular services for Mon., Dec. 24 will be on Wed., Dec. 26
· Regular services for Tues., Dec. 25 will be on Thurs., Dec. 27
· Regular services for Thurs., Dec. 27 will be on Fri., Dec. 28
· New Year’s Holiday, Monday, Dec. 31 and Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019
· Regular services for Mon., Dec. 31 will be on Wed., Jan. 2
· Regular services for Tues., Jan. 1 will be on Thurs., Jan. 3
· Regular services for Thurs. Jan. 3 will be on Fri., Jan. 4
· Friday services will be unchanged
DeKalb County’s trash and recycling services, however, will operate on a different schedule. Unlike Decatur, the county will hold services on Monday, Dec. 24, a county press release said. DeKalb’s schedule will be as follows:
· Monday, Dec. 24 will be a normal collection day.
· Christmas Holiday, Tuesday, Dec. 25
· Regular services for Tues., Dec. 25 will be on Wed., Dec. 26
· Regular services for Wed., Dec. 26 will be on Thurs., Dec. 27
· Regular services for Thurs., Dec. 27 will be on Friday, Dec. 28.
In addition, DeKalb’s Sanitation Division’s administrative office, North Transfer Station and Seminole Road Landfill will be closed on Tuesday, Dec. 25, and will reopen on Wednesday, Dec. 26, during normal operating hours.