Lakeside High School Foundation awards graduating student with $1,000 scholarship
The Lakeside High School Foundation recently awarded Addison Jurin Dascher with the 2019 Joseph P. Reed Alumni Scholarship, which includes a $1,000 award to pay for college or university education.
The Joseph P. Reed Alumni Scholarship is named after former Lakeside principal, and the award recipients must be a graduating senior, “who has excelled in academic and extracurricular activities and has served the Lakeside community,” according to a recent press release.
In addition, Dascher has accomplished several things throughout her four years of high school at Lakeside, such as:
– Member of the National Honor Society, Beta Club, Chorus Club, Drama Club, French Honor Society, International Thespian Society, Tri-M Honor Society
– Staff writer for the Lakeside Legend
– Player on the Tennis Team
– Runner on the Cross Country Team
– On Honor Roll for all four years
– Senator of Student Government Association (SGA) for two years, Junior Class President of SGA, and Senior Class President of SGA
– Volunteers with Books of Africa and Hands on Atlanta
– Gesher Youth Peer Leader at The Temple
“Addison Dascher personifies the true spirit of a Lakeside Viking. She excels academically, athletically and in our community,” Derrica Williams from the Lakeside High School Foundation said in a recent press release. “We are delighted to be able to present her with the Lakeside Foundation’s scholarship award for 2019.”
The Lakeside Foundation has divvied out more than $20,000 in grants this year, money that has gone to a variety of causes.