DeKalb County sanitation services closed in observance of July 4The DeKalb County Sanitation Department.
For Independence Day, which is on Thursday, July 4, DeKalb County sanitation services will be closed, slightly altering the residential collection schedule for that week.
Sanitation services for DeKalb residents include trash, recycling, and yard trimming collection.
Below is the revised schedule, according to a recent press release:
– Monday, July 1 – Normal collection day.
– Tuesday, July 2 – Normal collection day.
– Wednesday, July 3 – Normal collection day.
– Thursday, July 4 – Independence Day observed; no collection service.
– Friday, July 5 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Thursday, July 4, will be serviced on Friday, July 5.
In addition to collection services, the Sanitation Division administrative office, North Transfer Station and Seminole Road Landfill will be closed in observance of Independence Day, too, reopening on Friday, July 5, for their normal hours.