DeKalb County announces revised sanitation collection schedule for Labor DayThe DeKalb County Sanitation Department.
With the Labor Day holiday approaching quickly, DeKalb County has announced a revised residential sanitation collection schedule for the first week of September.
No trash collection will take place on Labor Day, which is Monday, Sept. 2. After that, each collection day will be pushed back by one day.
According to the county, the revised garbage, recyclable materials and yard trimmings collection schedule is as follows:
– Monday, Sept. 2: Labor Day observed. No sanitation collection service.
– Tuesday, Sept. 3: Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Monday, Sept. 2, will be serviced on Tuesday, Sept. 3.
– Wednesday, Sept. 4: Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Tuesday, Sept. 3, will be serviced on Wednesday, Sept. 4.
– Thursday, Sept. 5 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Wednesday, Sept. 4, will be serviced on Thursday, Sept. 5.
– Friday, Sept. 6 – Residential customers whose regularly scheduled collection day is Thursday, Sept. 5, will be serviced on Friday, Sept. 6.
The Sanitation Division’s administrative office, Central and North Transfer Stations and Seminole Road Landfill will be closed on Monday, Sept. 2, and will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 3, during normal operating hours.
For more information, visit the Sanitation Division’s website here.