DeKalb County sets early voting times and locations for March 24 presidential primary
[adsanity align=’aligncenter’ id=52694]
DeKalb County, GA – The county Board of Registration and Elections has announced times and locations for early voting in the March 24 presidential primary.
The presidential primary ballot also includes the race for DeKalb County Sheriff.
Early voting begins on March 2. Here is more information about early voting times and locations, provided by DeKalb County:
[adsanity id=”59104″ align=”alignleft” /] [adsanity id=”56211″ align=”alignright” /]
The voter registration deadline for the March 24 presidential primary is Feb. 24.
You can look up your status by visiting the Georgia Secretary of State’s “My Voter Page.” To visit the My Voter Page, click here. You can check your status by providing basic information like your last name, birthday and the county you live in. You can also see a sample ballot.
If you find you are not registered, there are a few ways you can get back on the voter rolls.
You can register online with the Secretary of State’s Office by clicking here.
According to the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office, in order to register to vote you must:
– Be a citizen of the United States
– Be a legal resident of the county where you are voting
– Be at least 17 1/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
– Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
– Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
For more information about how to register, click here.
[adsanity id=”59106″ align=”alignleft” /] [adsanity id=”59208″ align=”alignright” /]
People who wish to vote will need to bring one of the following forms of identification, according to the Georgia Secretary of State’s office:
– Any valid state or federal government-issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
– A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
– Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
– Valid U.S. passport ID
– Valid U.S. military photo ID
– Valid tribal photo ID
The county board of registrar’s office is located at 4380 Memorial Drive Suite, 300, Decatur, GA 30032.
Decaturish needs your help covering the 2020 elections. If you value independent local news that isn’t behind a paywall, consider becoming a monthly supporter of Decaturish. For as little as $3 a month, you can help us provide you with quality and comprehensive election coverage. For more information about becoming a paid supporter, click here.
For all of our 2020 election coverage, visit Decaturishvotes.com.
Want Decaturish delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up for our free newsletter by clicking here.
[adsanity id=”56022″ align=”aligncenter” /]
[adsanity id=”33719″ align=”alignleft” /] [adsanity id=”52166″ align=”alignright” /]