Early voting in the presidential primary, DeKalb Sheriff’s race starts March 2
Decaturish needs your help covering the 2020 elections. If you value independent local news that isn’t behind a paywall, consider becoming a monthly supporter of Decaturish. For as little as $3 a month, you can help us provide you with quality and comprehensive election coverage. For more information about becoming a paid supporter, click here.
DeKalb County, GA – Early voting in the state’s presidential preference primary begins today, March 2.
The ballot will also include the race for DeKalb County Sheriff. For all of the candidate questionnaires related to that race, click here.
All of our election coverage may be found at Decaturishvotes.com.
The voter registration deadline for the March 24 presidential primary was Feb. 24.
You can look up your status by visiting the Georgia Secretary of State’s “My Voter Page.” To visit the My Voter Page, click here. You can check your status by providing basic information like your last name, birthday and the county you live in. You can also see a sample ballot.
If you find you are not registered and want to be registered in time for the next election, there are a few ways you can get back on the voter rolls.
You can register online with the Secretary of State’s Office by clicking here.
According to the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office, in order to register to vote you must:
– Be a citizen of the United States
– Be a legal resident of the county where you are voting
– Be at least 17 1/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
– Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
– Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
For more information about how to register, click here.
People who wish to vote will need to bring one of the following forms of identification, according to the Georgia Secretary of State’s office:
– Any valid state or federal government-issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
– A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
– Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
– Valid U.S. passport ID
– Valid U.S. military photo ID
– Valid tribal photo ID
The county board of registrar’s office is located at 4380 Memorial Drive Suite, 300, Decatur, GA 30032.
Early voting will begin on March 2. Here is a list of advanced voting dates and times from the county Board of Registration and Elections:
If you value having local news that isn’t behind a paywall, consider becoming a supporter of Decaturish. Your support keeps the news free for everyone. For as little as $3 a month, you can help us tell the story of your community. To learn more, click here.
Want Decaturish delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up for our free newsletter by clicking here.