DeKalb adds four new drop box locations for Jan. 5 runoffYolanda Rose gives a thumbs up after placing her absentee ballot in a drop box in front of Decatur City Hall on Tuesday afternoon Nov. 3, 2020. Photo by Dean Hesse.
All of our elections coverage can be found at Decaturishvotes.com. If you appreciate having coverage of our local elections and Elections Board, please sign up to become a paying supporter. For as little as $3 a month, you can help us continue to provide you with quality local news. To sign up, click here.
Decatur, GA – Registered voters in DeKalb County can now cast their absentee ballots in the Jan 5. runoff at four additional drop box locations, according to a press release from DeKalb County. The newly added drop boxes became active and accessible for DeKalb voters on Dec. 14, at 2:30 p.m. Voters can now safely cast their ballots at more than 30 drop boxes around the county. The new drop box locations are:
3123 Klondike Road
Stonecrest, GA 30038
DeKalb-Atlanta Senior Center
25 Warren Street, SE
Atlanta, GA 30317
North DeKalb Senior Center
3393 Malone Drive
Chamblee, GA 30341
South DeKalb Senior Center
1931 Candler Road
Decatur, GA 30032
All drop boxes are under 24-hour surveillance and ballots are securely collected at least once a day. A complete list of drop boxes can be viewed at www.dekalbvotes.com.
Helpful Tips and Reminders
– In-person advance voting started Dec. 14 and concludes on Dec. 31.
– Absentee ballots cannot be dropped off at advance voting locations. They must dropped off at a drop box or mailed in (and post marked) by 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2021.
– Voters who want to vote absentee should apply for their absentee ballot as soon as possible and long before the deadline of Dec. 31, 2020.
– Voters utilizing absentee ballots should check online for any updates related to available drop box locations and the status of their ballots.
– For more information, contact the DeKalb County Voter Registration and Elections Office at 404-298- 4020, or visit www.dekalbvotes.com.
Want Decaturish delivered to your inbox every day? Sign up for our free newsletter by clicking here.